Errata of the CD-ROM "Birds of Tropical Asia 2.0"
by Jelle Scharringa
- The flying bird on the photo of Black Baza Aviceda leuphotes is actually an
Oriental Honey-Buzzard Pernis ptilorhyncus. Erratum added in August 2003.
- The bird on the photo of a flying Steppe Eagle Aquila nipalensis is actually a
Greater Spotted Eagle Aquila clanga. August 2003.
- The third recording of the Collared Kingfisher Halcyon chloris (by Kees Scharringa) is not the call of
this species, but the call of Stork-billed Kingfisher Pelargopsis capensis, as pointed out by Philip Round.
- The first recording of White-browed Shortwing Brachypteryx montana (from Sumatra) is not
of this species but is the song of the Blue Whistling Thrush Myophonus caeruleus.
Discovered by Antero Topp email@example.com. April 2004.
- The first recording of the Common Tailorbird Orthotomus sutorius is not the song of this species,
but the song of the Little Spiderhunter Arachnothera longirostra, as pointed out by Philip Round.
- The second call of the Ashy-throated Leaf-Warbler Phylloscopus maculipennis
belongs to the Buff-barred Leaf-Warbler Phylloscopus pulcher and not to the
first species. Discovered by Magnus Robb and Jelle Scharringa. February
- The second photo of the Scaly-crowned Babbler Malacopteron cinereum is not of
this species but of the Rufous-crowned Babbler Malacopteron magnum.
Pointed out by Andrew Colthorpe in November 2004.
- Both recordings of the Limestone Wren-Babbler Napothera crispifrons actually are the song and calls
of the Streaked Wren-Babbler Napothera brevicaudata. This was discovered by Philip Round.
- The recording of the Rufous-backed Sibia Heterophasia annectens is not the call of this species,
but the song of the Chestnut Bulbul Hypsipetes castanonotus, as pointed out by
Philip Round. April 2002.
- The photo of the Bay-backed Shrike Lanius vittatus is not of this species but of the
Long-tailed Shrike Lanius schach of the subspecies erythronotus. August 2003.
send e-mail to Jelle Scharringa if you think you found an error not listed above.
to run a program which "patches" the installed program of "Birds of
Tropical Asia 2.0" so that the erroneous sound recordings and photos are no
longer visible (up-to-date to November 2004).
It also solves the only program bug found so far (read about it here).
The patch program runs only if you have the CD-ROM already installed on your PC.
This site is maintained by Sjoerd
Mayer. If something doesn't work, please tell me!